At Talk Mortgages and Mortgage Edge, we are committed to a policy of keeping your privacy protected and your information confidential at all times.
Mortgage Edge collects, uses and disclose information about you for a variety of reasons:
- To identify you and verify any information you give us
- To protect us both from error and fraud
- For better understanding your needs and eligibility with products and services
- To recommend particular products and services so we may serve you better
- To meet legal requirements, such as asking you to provide the necessary information to verify your identity
- For presenting your mortgage application to various lenders and insurers with the purpose of securing a mortgage and/or related service
- All employees sign confidentiality agreements.
- We may review and analyze your use of our services, in order to assist in the above.
We may collect from you and share health information with insurers and insurance agents for the purpose of applying for creditor insurance.
Your information is obtained or used only with your consent.
We obtain your (express or implied) consent before we:
- Check your employment
- Obtain a credit report
- Offer you other products and services
- Obtain, use or disclose to other persons, information about you unless obliged to do so by law or to protect our interests
- Use your information in any way we didn’t tell you about previously
Your Consent Can Be Express Or Implied.
Express consent can be verbal or written. For example, when you sign a credit application you are giving your written consent for us to obtain a credit report.
You imply consent when we can reasonably conclude that you’ve given consent by some action you have taken, or when you decide not to take action. If we give you an opportunity to tell us you don’t want direct marketing material and you don’t tell us that you don’t want us to send it, we can conclude that you have no objection.
We will rely on your implied consent to use and disclose identifying information about you, such as your name and address.
Your information and the business you do with us is kept strictly confidential and private.
Our mortgage agents protect your information from error, loss and unauthorized access. We have designed our procedures and systems to ensure this security. We collect, use and disclose personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances. As well, we never sell any information about our customers to others. We keep information only as long as it is needed.
You can choose not to receive direct marketing.
We may tell you about products and services through direct mail, telephone, or other means. If you do not wish us to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We don’t share information about you, except as is necessary to complete your mortgage application and take all steps necessary to secure mortgage financing on your behalf, nor do we release it to anyone else, without your express or implied consent. However, there are some exceptions. For example, we may collect, use or disclose information without your consent if we:
- are obligated or permitted to do so for legal reasons.
- are using outside companies to work with us for the placing of your mortgage and/or any other related service referral that we may offer.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints contact your Talk Mortgage Specialist. You may also consider the Frequently Asked Questions.